Understanding the main effect of medication makes people more likely to continue therapy and reduce the chances of side effects.
Training Material Overview
EDI-Net training material provides you with insights and templates across all phases of understanding, implementing, mobilising for and coaching. We provide editable formats (e.g. Word instead of PDF) and content is designed so you can copy, adapt, or simply embedd it in your platform.
Training material is structured in the following sections:
Phases are explained in this Overview presentation. For each item introduced below a topic was created in the Forum where you will find advice on how to utilise materials and can ask for further detail.
Similarly, users of a new service should understand the purpose of EDI-Net to be willing to continue using the service rather than relying on intrinsic motivation or authority alone. A good introduction of the entire service ensures users can communicate the concept without getting embarrassed by not being able to answer simple questions about EDI-Net.
- Presentation introducing the relevance of energy efficiency and energy saving measures. The presentation can be used to promote the need for the EDI-Net system (decision makers) as well as the opening session to introduce the EDI-Net system to regular staff in smaller meetings etc. Ideally, the presentation is branded with own logos and provides data to the PPA.
- Documentation (describing the relevance of ICT-based services such as EDI-Net. It informs about basic statistics with focus on buildings, how energy efficiency effects consumption, what evidence is available and why behavioural impact will become ever more relevant with improving insulation.
- Documentation providing an overview of the different tools targeting the public and professional users.
- Presentation introduces background on frequent data collection (AMR and smart meter) as well as the structure of the EDI-Net service. The aim is to achieve quick understanding of the core building blocks of the EDI-Net service to remove barriers during setup.
- Presentation introduces the dashboard and gives examples on how simplified visualisation allows to quickly detect issues to be investigated.
- Presentation introduces the four steps methodology and structure of materials offered.
- Video presenting the core features of the EDI-Net tool is available.
Set-up is most likely to be performed by only a small number of staff such as energy experts. Hence, any material offered is of mostly technical nature. However, other material such as video tutorials target the public and distribution will be strongly linked with the phase of mobilisation.
- Manual for experts setting up EDI-Net dashboard describing the full range of functionality including extended use cases.
- Manual for public users of the public area of EDI-Net dashboard.
- Manual for decision makers and financial experts using the EDI-Net benchmark tool explaining core functionality.
- Manual for discourse forum including setup, organisation as well as guidance on how to build a community
- Manual for quizzes and how to integrate them in PPA’s own website.
- Checklist contains core steps to be taken within the EDI-Net service as well as along during preparation and communication with other energy professionals.
- Presentation summarising the necessary steps of setup. Intention is limited to training days with numerous PPAs.
- Video: A series of tutorials on the setup of the dashboard is available.
Mobilisation requires at least one person being in charge of initial activities to make staff and users "understand" the existence and purpose of EDI-Net. This person must also be enabled to delegate responsibility and find means of effortless and direct communication. Mobilisation, furthermore, requires all staff to achieve a minimal degree of proficiency to be able to interpret and use the software offered by EDI-Net.
- Presentation summarising the necessary steps for mobilisation based on content of guides
- Documentation summarises key steps and actions to be taken to mobilise users.
- Documentation describes background and theory underlying the design of EDI-Net on how to mobilise staff to use the service and become active in energy efficiency measures. The long version also provides academic sources.
- Repository: collects a number of templates required to organise work around strategy development, campaign etc.
- Checklist providing a template to record the current status of communication and engagement with staff to link available data to methodology proposed by EDI-Net and to show pathways to utilise materials made available by EDI-Net in future steps.
- Documentation providing guidance on how to build a community in the discourse forum.
Coaching deepens the understanding of the system gained during the mobilisation phase. Coaching also includes teaching how energy savings can be achieved on individual level reaching from the building manager to the desk worker. The additional benefit of coaching is that relationships can be build over a long period of time. A campaign for any measure is often limited in time, an effort to pass on small pieces of information and advice can continue and establish relationships of experts and their peers.
- Presentation summarising the available materials also providing examples on how they can be applied.
- Collection of a wide range of saving tips relevant for municipalities collected and grouped to be utilised by champions, campaign managers and energy professionals.
- Single sheets with energy efficiency advice in specific circumstances which can be easily adopted to suit corporate design and printed in various formats based on the saving tips collection
- Quizzes / Documentation: Quizzes are part of the public part of the EDI-Net web-site. Furthermore, PPAs can embed the quiz links into their own web-sites and, for instance, include them into logon procedures once every week slowly training staff to learn correct answers. The file contains both links to each quiz, their content as well as facilities for further translation.
- Checklist of issues an energy manager at building level or below should cover with the start of the EDI-Net service. This includes one-time actions as well as frequent checks. The sheet can also be utilised to delegate tasks to champions and hereby helping to build a community.
- Documentation of conversion factors realised in a spreadsheet. Any energy manager, campaign lead or other can utilise the tool to quickly find a means of describing current consumption or savings achieved in not physical units such as volume of oil, journeys with the car to the moon and back etc.
- Awareness material targeting children based on examples from the EDI-Net service and saving tips. This material is available through the best case practice examples available on the forum.
Further Input Welcome
For all phases we welcome input from any municipality or other organisation! Please share your use cases on implementing EDI-Net, practical guides or other material with us and the wider public. You can do so by linking and describing your material in the forum or send it via mail. The easier you make it for other cities to replicate your materials and adopt them for their needs, the lower the cost will become for saving energy across Europe.